Monday, March 30, 2009

Another Dress for the contest!

Whew! I finally finished another dress to submit to the contest on Friday. Yea! For this one I cross stitched the roses onto the fabric using waste canvas (first time I've ever tried it and it was actually pretty easy). Another first for me on this dress was I used snaps that you have to hammer in, instead of sew on snaps. I did run into a slight problem though. When I first attached the trim to the bodice I ironed over it and slightly melted it so I had to go back and remove it and reattach a new piece. Other than that not too many problems. The trim was slow going since I wanted to make sure that I got it on there so that you couldn't see the sew line. Sucess!

All in all I'm very happy with how this one turned out. Now I'm off to try to make one more before the contest deadline. Wish me luck! :)

Monday, March 23, 2009

Contest Doll Dress

I made this dress for the Morrissey Doll Pattern company contest. I'm hoping that I will win so I can get the beautiful blonde and blue eyes doll. (fingers crossed)! I spent about a week making the dress some of it was my own screw ups (I had to reattach the skirt 4 times because I kept catching the gathers in the hem. Ugh!) Aside from that this is the first time that I've used beads on a dress (had a bit of trouble with that also I wasn't making the knot in the thread big enough and the thread would pull through and the bead would fall off) finally got that worked out and this is also the first time I've done embroidery on a dress (I traced the cherries onto the collar and then embroidered them on. :) Plus I made a net underskirt to add fullness to the skirt, bloomers and a hair bow. :) I was kinda nervous about entering the contest but I am pretty proud of what I finally accomplished.