Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Dresses for Halloween for My Twinn
















A little late posting these but I made some new dresses for my My Twinn dolls for Halloween. All three were made using Spooky Hollow print fabric that I picked up in Michael's a few years ago. All three dresses have a velvet ribbon sash but the second dress has by far the most velvet since I used it to make the collar and sleeves. I was fairly happy with how the first dress turned out but looking back there were a few things I would change namely I would've made the skirt fuller and I would've used some trim on the sleeves like I did on the third one. But still not bad. The sleeves on the other two dresses is a dark blue glittery fabric that looks like the night sky. I wish I could've gotten it to turn out in the pictures so you could see it it's so pretty. Oh well I'll keep trying. All three are actually sets that include headband, dress, underskirt (for poofing), and bloomers. I added pom poms to 2 of the headbands just because I thought it looked cute and to the bloomers I added lace and bows. I think all in all they all turned out cute though I must admit I think the bottom dress is my favorite. Well back to work since it's time to start on Fall/Thanksgiving dresses!

No comments: