Monday, February 8, 2016

Doll Whispers


Hi! My name is Marianne it's been so long since I last posted on here that I feel I should reintroduce myself. My sincere apologizes for being gone so long some things happened in my life and I lost the focus of why I started this blog in the first place and now I have gotten that focus back since I have opened up a doll store on eBay called Doll Whispers.
The doll above is a Madame Alexander Sweet Tears Doll that my Great Grandmother allowed me to play with when I was a child and when I got older after much begging she allowed me to take her home. I am 43 years old now and have been a doll lover and collector my whole life. Dolls have and will always be a part of my life so I decided to open an online eBay doll and toy shop called Doll Whispers it's funny because at the time that started this blog I had no intention of using the name for a store I was just trying to show off dresses that I was making to fellow doll lovers. Right now I have dolls and toys on there but the toys are about to be moved to a second eBay store called Apple Dandies so that my Doll Whispers store will sell only dolls and doll related items like patterns or doll books. I have been selling on eBay now for almost 2 years and have over 900 positive feedback scores.
Sorry my Sweet Tears is not for sale but I will be posting previews of dolls coming up in my store like this Vintage Porcelain Alice in Wonderland doll.

Alice was found while thrift store shopping, yes I have a weakness for finding pitiful looking dolls and making them or at least trying to make them beautiful again. I have cleaned her porcelain body and gently hand washed her dress and pinafore. Her hair has been brushed and I will be making her a new black velvet hair ribbon since she is missing her original one. She has also been given a new metal stand since she was found without one.
Will post more about her once she's ready to go.
Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you'll come back soon!
 Have a Dandy Dolly Day!

http://stores.ebay.com/dollwhispers








No comments: